Five Dieterich High School students have been named Illinois State Scholars.
Devin Flach, Lauren Garbe, Taylor Gephart, Tyler Higgs and Paul Thoele.
The State Scholar Program recognizes students attending approved high schools (typically, Illinois public high schools) for outstanding academic achievement. State scholar designation provides honorary recognition with no monetary award. Approximately the top ten percent of graduates from approved high schools are announced as State Scholars each year.
To be considered for State Scholar eligibility, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen
- Be a resident of Illinois
- Attend an approved high school
- Effective for 2019-20 State Scholars, take the ACT or SAT between August 1 and June 30 (by the end of the third semester before high school graduation*)
- Perform in the top one-half of your high school class at the end of the third semester prior to graduation*, and/or score at or above the 95th percentile on the ACT or SAT
- Graduate from high school during the academic year in which you were selected as a State Scholar